Is The Hype on Japanese Skincare Justified?
Ever wondered why it’s quite difficult to tell the age of a Japanese Woman? That’s because their skincare goal is ‘Younger-Looking Skin for Longer’, with mild products that go easy on harsh chemicals.
Let’s admit it; it is everyone’s desire to be ageless! Who loves aging btw?
The sad truth is that everyone has to age eventually. But the question is, “How many people are willing to follow a good skincare routine in order to enjoy heathy beautiful skin and age slower?
Women in Japan pride themselves in having healthy, beautiful skin – taking every possible precaution to keep it in excellent condition, which makes them age much slower than women from other nations. ‘Pure, clean, radiant and glowing skin is very important in Asia’ explains Jean-Alexandre (VP of Origins). Their beauty philosophy- which has been practiced by millions of women- is giving quality self-care to the skin rather than covering up what we deem flaws. By diligently following your skincare routine, of high-quality formulations, you can achieve flawless, radiant skin.
Why Japan Is Making Impact on the Global Skincare Scene
In recent times, Japanese skincare has made incredible waves beyond the Japanese market. Famed for smooth skin and youthful complexions, it’s hardly surprising that the world is turning to the Asian country for all things beauty-related – thanks to its innovation and the introduction of new ingredients. “The Japanese are famous for their high-quality products – which is why Japan is one of the biggest skincare markets in the world today’, says Soha Diab – Shiseido UAE Rep.
Western brands are gleaning from the innovative practices of Japan’s beauty industry. They have long been inspired by Asian ingredients and skincare influences. True to this are the new products hitting mainstream markets – ones that have clearly been formulated following Japanese skincare steps and rituals.
It’s possible that you already have a few friends who are quite obsessed with Japanese skincare, and are always looking forward to discovering new products from Japan. Skincare freaks from around the world love Japanese skincare for a large number of reasons. Today, we’ll share with you some amazing Japanese anti-aging secrets to look a lot younger than your age!
- Invest in Simpler Formulations: Their skincare formulations greatly differs as they do not include a cocktail of botanical extracts and various ingredients within a single product, and are therefore easy to work with, particularly if you have sensitive skin. The gentler the product, the better!
- Double Cleanse: Removing your makeup with an emulsifying oil or balm (rich in vitamins and is lipophilic) before a foaming cleanse is a good way to ensure you don’t leave makeup residue hanging out in your pores all night.
- Hydrate: Japanese lotion, a watery formula that is used similarly to toners, is patted onto the skin to soften and hydrate the skin, and infuse it with skin-friendly nutrients.
- Collagen, Collagen, Collagen!: Japanese use collagen-rich creams, sheet masks, consume collagen-rich food, drinks and pills. Their life essentially revolves around collagen. Add collagen to your daily routine if you really want to see a change.
- Anti-Ageing Cream: Of course, you need an anti-ageing cream ward off signs og ageing, leaving your skin looking and feeling as young as can be.
- Better Sun Protection: Asian sunscreens tend to be more cosmetically elegant as daily protection from the sun is a higher priority. They are less greasy, more suitable for daily wear, and with higher SPF ratings (PA++++).
- Face Massage: Facial-rolling gadgets are a common tool in the Japanese beauty kit. Of course, you could still skip the tools altogether and just give yourself a regular lymphatic facial massage with your hands several times a week, using cleansing creams and oils at shower time. That’s absolutely free.
- Greater variety: There are plenty of quality J-beauty and skincare products that won’t break the bank. The only hard part about J-beauty shopping is figuring out what to buy…lol – there are a whole lot of options.
The Best Japanese Beauty Buys Guaranteed To Transform Your Skin
- Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50 PA ++++
- Kao Curel UV Protection Milk SPF50+ PA+++
- Rohto Skin Aqua Super Moisture Milk SPF50+ PA ++++
- Rohto Hada Labo UV White Gel SPF50+ PA++++
- Rohto Hada Labo Gokujyun Hyaluronic Foaming Wash Cleansers
- Rohto Hada Labo Gokujyun Hyaluronic Acid Premium Lotion
- Rohto Hada Labo Shirojyun Whitening Lotions
- Rohto Melano CC Vitamin C Intensive Anti-Spot Essence
- Hada Labo Anti-Ageing Wrinkle Reducer Day Cream
- Tatiomax Tatio Active Gold Glutathione Whitening Gel Capsules
From foaming face washes, to moisturising lotions, creams and sunscreen that are kinder to your skin, here are some of the best and most affordable Japanese skincare products you need to try out. In our next blog on Japanese skincare, we’ll reveal why these are our 10 ten picks. Give them a shot, would you…?? See you soon.