Is Skincare For Men? – An Often Asked Question in Skincare
Did you know that men’s skin deserve and require as much love and care as that of women? Here’s why skincare is not gender selective.
Fun fact: Majority of men have only 1 product in their skincare regimen – a bar of soap (lol). This may have been acceptable in the past because we didn’t know any better; but not anymore! As opposed to widely held assumption, skincare is just as important for men as it is for women. A man’s skin is approximately 25% thicker, oiler and has more prominent pores than a woman’s.
Howbeit, research has shown that women are more likely to pay attention to skincare to a much higher degree than men ever will. Gratefully, there’s now a lot more of enlightenment on skincare, and to neglect it will do you no good. Our male folks forget is that the youthful and healthy skin we all desire is only achievable with a proper skincare routine. Not only does it improve your appearance, it also saves you the time, energy and money you would spend treating skin conditions later on.
In recent times, more men have begun to seek healthier skin, and we love it! It’s impressive to come across men who pay attention to skincare; there’s always a clear difference. One is our Chief Skincare Consultant at MySkincareMall who is very passionate about skincare -you should book a session sometime to adequately tackle your skin concerns.
What Should Your Routine Consist of As a Man?
According to Dr. D. Engelman, a dermatologist in New York, an ideal skincare regimen should include a cleanser, a moisturizer, and a sunscreen, as well as traditional grooming essentials such as after-shave gels, hair & beard oils. “Men need to cleanse, moisturize, and protect their skin at a minimum. Additional steps may be necessary depending on their individual skin type and needs,” explains Dr. Engelman.
Skincare Product Ideas For Men
Although men and women’s skin vary, the basic elements of an effective skin care plan remains the same. You may want to go for regular skincare brands or try out men specific brands. Whichever you decide, the key to seeing results in your skin is consistency. Yes, CONSISTENCY. Here are some great skincare products to include in your skincare regimen, with a wide range of price points, too:
- Cleanser: Try out Bulldog Oil Control Face Washes and Nivea Face Washes. Also check out the Face Cleanser Category for more options.
- Moisturiser: Bulldog Oil Control Face Moisturiser. Click to find a variety of moisturisers here.
- Sunscreen: Shop from a wide range of sunscreens here.
- Beard Shampoo: We recommend the L’Oreal Paris Men Expert Barber Club Beard Shampoo or SheaMoisture Beard Wash Maracuja Oil & Shea Butter. Check out other Men products.
- Beard Oil: Bulldog Beard Growth Oil Original Beard Oil and Johnny’s Chop Shop Beard Growth Oil. Check out more products for Men.
- Shave gel: Bulldog Sensitive Shave Gel and Gillette Fusion5 Shave Gel. Shop more Men products.
- Clipper/Trimmer: Shop top grooming tools for men Braun Beard Trimmer & Hair Clippers and Gillette Razors.
Skincare is for all; men, women and children! Now’s the time for men to make a detour, and not be left out in maintaining healthy, youthful skin. I’m pretty sure that you’ll begin today to take baby steps in the right direction. While at it, it’s important to identify and understand your skin type, as this understanding will guide you on how to care for your skin. Dear Ladies, don’t leave the gents out on your next skincare shopping. Let’s look out for one another.
Got a Question? – Contact Us
0 Comments for “Should Men Use Skincare?”